Many Golf lovers and good players of golf are un-familiar with the “Golf Etiquettes”. One might be surprised that Golfing needs particular etiquettes, but any good golfer would already know how important it is.
Whenever we talk about golf, golf etiquettes are an important thing to consider. Good golf etiquettes are not just about manners but they are also important for the safety of golf players, to keep the game enjoyable and healthy and to ensure that the quality of the golf course is well-maintained.
As newcomers enter into the game of golf, they are more focused on learning the game, polishing their swings and hitting the ball straight and as far as possible. Golf etiquettes are something that many of newcomers ignore. More experienced golfers are more prone to follow golf etiquettes and they are often the ones who act as an influencer when it comes to passing on golf etiquettes to new players.
Some of the basic golf etiquettes to follow to keep the game safe, healthy and enjoyable are as follows:
- Check the distance between yourself and others in your group before swinging. Whether you are the one swinging it, or somebody is swinging, always make sure that you are at a safe distance.
- Never swing in the direction of some other player or another present body while you are practicing. You might end up hurting someone with a pebble hidden in grass.
- Completely make sure that no one is in danger zone before hitting the ball.
- An internationally recognized signal used to clear out players out of danger zone is “Fore”. Use this signal whenever you find out that your ball is headed towards hurting somebody.
- Golf Cart Safety rules are important to consider and follow. Always make sure that you observe them carefully.
- Throwing clubs in passion or anger is considered as un-acceptable in Golf etiquettes. It is highly in-appropriate to have such behavior in the golf course.
- It is considered as rude to keep the other players waiting before you hit the ball. Keep yourself ready and alert.
- For formal tournament a player who is farthest hits first. In friendly matches, players usually employee the “Ready Play” rule which means that the player who is ready hits the ball first.
- Looking for a lost ball for too long is un-acceptable in golf etiquettes. Players can even continue the game before you return according to the Golf rules.
- Avoid being disrespectful towards another golf player by talking during his swing. Quietly waiting for his swing shows that you are giving respect to the other player.
- Yelling boisterously is another rude behavior in golf course which should be avoided.
- Be careful of what your shadow is doing to another player’s vision. Stand in a position which doesn’t hinder with the other player’s hitting line.
- Always walk around the other player’s putting line or step over it to be polite. Never step through it.
Many Golf lovers and good players of golf are un-familiar with the â€œGolf Etiquettesâ€. One might be surprised that Golfing needs particular etiquettes, but any good golfer would already know how important it is.