The much awaited auspicious month of Ramadan has arrived. It is that time of the year when Muslims get a chance to completely devote themselves to Allah and earn His blessings to the fullest. The two major aspects of Ramadan are Sehar and Iftar, along with prayers as well. Like any other time of the year where health matters, this too is a time to remain healthy so we can perform our prayers and observe fasts more effectively.
During fasting there are certain common problems every individual faces. It is vital to learn how to cure these common problems and to find a solution to remain healthy during the Holy month of Ramadan. Such problems include fatigue, aggressiveness, constipation, low blood pressure that leads to dizziness, headaches etc.
Usually during Ramzan people don’t take care of their diet much and try filling their stomach with every possible unhealthy item they can. Well, this isn’t a very sensible thing to do. The Holy Prophet (PBUH) has taught us not to feed ourselves to our hearts content and always leave some room. Overeating is an extremely unhealthy habit which can lead to problems like constipation, heart burn, etc.
Here are some useful tips to help you stay healthy in Ramadan:
- Firstly, change your Sehri’s menu and just cancel out all the heavy and oily things you have on your list and add some items with nutritious value in it. Such as food rich in carbohydrates and proteins, encourage yourself and your family to have fruits they’re fresh and extremely beneficial for one’s health. Be sure not to overeat.
- Drink at least 2 to 3 glasses of water at Sehri they will help in keeping you hydrated all day long and you won’t feel dizzy at any time of the day.
- Avoid stuffing yourself with all that is present on the table at Iftar time. Try following Sunnah by breaking your fast with a piece of date and milk.
- Always have some dessert in your Iftar menu as it will help you regain the glucose level in your body and will keep you on-the-go.
- Like any other day exercise will prove beneficial in the month of Ramadan. A walk for 10-15mins would be good.
- Be sure to wash your hands before and after every meal you have.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth should always be kept in mind.
- Avoid having really spicy and fried food.
Hope these tips will help you in spending a healthy Ramzan.
Ramadan Mubarik! May Allah bless us all!
The much awaited auspicious month of Ramadan has arrived. It is that time of the year when Muslims get a chance to completely devote themselves to Allah and earn His blessings to the fullest.