- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of olive oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut potatoes in square dices
- Chop onion
- Now heat olive oil in a deep skillet and fry potatoes in it on low flame
- When potatoes become tender add chopped onion and salt
- Cook till onion become glassy and soft
- Now take out onion and potatoes on an absorbing paper using a slotted spatula. You can also drain oil from the mixture.
- Now crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk with fork
- Add potatoes and onion mixture in eggs and mix well with a large spoon
- Now take 3 tbsp olive oil in a small non sticking pan and heat on low flame
- Pour eggs mixture in pan and spread all round so that edges start cooking
- When omlette is settled in about 3 minutes, put a flat plate on upside down at top of pan and take omlette on it
- Again place the omlette in pan and cook for more 3 minutes ill it is well cooked
- Spanish omlette is ready now. Slide it in serving dish and serve hot.
Spanish Omelette or tortilla espanola or tortilla de patata is a commonly eaten meal in Spain and is made of simple ingredients. You can also make this Spanish temptation at your home.