There are times when weather changes take place without you being ready for them and when this happens you can end up all cold and sickness could be the result.
Such a probability can assume frightening proportions when you are out in the open and without notice the cool breeze takes over the environment and the accompanying chill creeps right into your physical system and leaves you shivering.
Changing weather is something that one has to be careful about. Necessary precautions and care have to be exercised so that you are not caught unaware and the phenomenon does not in any way cause extreme discomfort and risk to your state of health.
It must be remembered that such exposure to unexpected weather changes can be hazardous and land you in considerable trouble, health wise and even safety wise.
So all that needs to be done is to take precautions and maintain safety on a priority basis and the guidelines to be followed are given below.
- Depend on layer clothing that help retain body heat.
- The dress must consist of three layers. Outer layer may be nylon, wool can be a part of the middle layer and cotton should form the inner layer.
- The garments must have the capacity to cover and thereby protect the head, the face, hands and also the feet.
- Dirty or greasy clothing may be avoided. Such clothes lack properties of insulation.
- In the open areas ensure that there are boards, screens and a canopy structure. This gives protection from falling of windblown objects. An additional precaution and safety measure is to put up barricades and stop employees from entering the area.
- Where heaters are installed for temperature control, a step that is essential is provision of ventilation. And all controls of heaters should be subject to regular checks, so that in case of any fault, damage control action is in place.
- In case there are combustible tarpaulins or canvases near the heaters, a safety space becomes necessary. As for the coverings they have to be securely tied especially if high winds are expected.
There are some measures that you can take to stay fit during the changing weather.