- 1 Cup maida
- ½ Cup rice flour
- 2 Cup water
- 2½ Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon soda
- ¼ Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 Green cardamom (ChhotiIlaichi)
- 2 Teaspoon Rose water
- Saffron (Zafran)
- Yellow/orange food colour
- Oil/ghee for frying
- Mix maida, rice flour, soda and water. Keep the mixture at a warm place overnight.
- Mix, sugar, water, Illaichi, Saffron, cream of tartar and cook. Make it thick syrup.
- Deep fry the mixture using a nozzle. It depends on your how thick or thin you want the jaliebis so decide the measurement of the nozzle tip accordingly.
- Fry till light brown and then pour it in the syrup.
- Do not over soak.
- Remove and let the excess syrup drain out.
Serving: 10 to 12 persons.
Hot jalaibis are the must have winter delight. Nothing is so mouth tickling than the hot and crispy jalaibi. Follow this hot jalaibi recipe at home and feast your family.