- 1 Kg Carrots grated
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4-5 Green cardamom (Chhoti Ilaichi) seeds
- ½ Cup Ghee
- Khoya (Ricotta cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon Kewra essence
- dry fruits (pistachio, almond, raisins)
- 5-6 Tablespoon powder milk
- Finely grate carrots and put them on low heat in a pot along with Green cardamom seeds and water.
- When the carrots become soft and the water dries out add sugar to it and then again leave it to dry more water.
- Then add oil, khoya, dry fruits and milk and cook on high heat to dry it.
- When the process is done add Kewra before removing it from heat.
Gajar ka Halwa can be served cold or hot.
Winters are here and there is nothing like traditional halwas in winters. Gajar ka Halwa is very special and almost everybody loves it when it is served hot in winters.