In Ramadan all Muslims refrain from consuming all type of food and drinks. They only eat and drink at the time of Sehri and Iftar. A lot of delicious dishes are prepared for Iftar. Women start preparation for Iftar almost three hours before Iftar.
Most of the Iftar meal consists of juices, special type of deserts, fruit chat, dahibaray, samosas and the most delicious are pakoras. Iftar meal would never be complete without pakoras. Pakoras are the only dish which doubles the joy of Iftar at the dining table. Pakoras are most important part during Iftar.
You might be amazed by knowing the fact that according to a survey pakoras has been rated as the most popular food item at Iftar every Ramadan. There are several types of pakoras which are very common and choiceof almost all people at the time of Iftar. If you want to make your Iftar full of taste, follow recipes of pakoras.
Recipe of besan ad vegetables pakoras
For making simplebesan and vegetables pakoras you need:
Besan 250 gm
Ground turmeric ¼ tsp
Baking powder ¼ tsp
Ground coriander 1 tsp
Chili powder ½ tsp
Chopped vegetables (potato, spinach, onion)
1. You only have to mix besan, turmeric, baking powder, chili powder, coriander in a bowl.
2. Add sufficient water and mix this all material to make a thick batter.
3. Now add chopped vegetables into the batter.
4. Heat oil in karahi.
5. Deep fry pakoras in oil until golden brown.
6. Drain pakoras with an absorbent paper to remove excessive oil.
7. Now serve hot and yummy pakoras with the sauce of your choice in Iftar meal.
Tamarind chatni is just unbelievable at Iftar time. You must go for it with pakoras. This recipe of besan pakoras is simple and healthy as well. Vegetables are full of health and nutrition and they are made more delicious when prepare by an ideal recipe.
Recipe of Chicken Pakoras
If you want variation in pakoras then you must try chicken pakoras. The recipe of chicken pakoras is as simple as above mentioned pakoras recipe. Here is recipe of chicken pakoras:
Ingredients that you will require to make chicken pakoras are: Boneless chicken pieces 500 gm Oil 2 tsp Ground cumin 1 tsp Salt 1 and ½ tsp Chopped green chilies 2 Chopped onion 1 Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp Vinegar 2 tsp Curd 1 cup Lemon juice 1 tsp Ingredients that you will require to make chicken pakoras are:
1. Put everything in blender for blending except chicken. Blend all materials till blends well.
2. Now marinate the chicken breast pieces in the resulting mixture.
3. Keep marinated chicken in refrigerator for at least 40 minutes.
4. Now heat oil and deep fry. Fry the marinated chicken pakoras until its color changes to golden brown.
5. Serve chicken pakoras with tomato ketch up or mint chutni.
Pakoras are considered to be integral part of the Iftar especially in Pakistan. Pakoras are not only the item of Iftar. The monsoon and rainy season is also celebrated by saerving hot and delicious pakoras. Make this Ramadan more special by serving hot and appetizing pakoras in the Iftar meal.
Make your Iftar meal more delicious by cooking the pakoras by following our recipes. Here I have mentioned two recipes of pakoras which are really simple and easy in preparing. You donâ€™t have to put a lot of effort in cooking pakoras if you follow our r