- 1 tbsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 1/2 tblsp dried Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
- 1/4th tsp Carom (Ajwain) seeds
- 1/4th tsp Asafetida (Hing) Powder
- 1 tbsp Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
- 21/2 tblsp dried Mango (Aam) Powder
- 5 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 tsp Ginger (Adrak) Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Tartaric Acid
- 1 tblsp Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
- 2 tsp Salt (Namak)
- Put cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, dried mint leaves, ajwain and asafetida powder in a pan and heat gently, shaking the pan from time to l the spices began to smell fragrant.
- Remove from heat add rock salt and grind while still warm.
- Mix in all other ingredients, cool and store tightly bottled.
Chaat Masala Recipe.