Life is a blessing, only if health stays associated with it. Exercise is pivotal for health. But then there are other factors important for health as well. Lean, mean, fat-burning machine; happy, content, blissful; cheerful, optimistic, relaxed; then be just that! Acquire health.
For a lifestyle based on health, here are some easy first steps for a beginner:
- Avoid fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats. They spell everything but health.
- Dairy products should be eaten in low fat versions; fat adversely affects health.
- Nuts and sandwich meats, mayonnaise, margarine, butter and sauces should be eaten in limited amounts for good health.
- Smoking is harmful to your health; reducing use of smoking and other products that kill is a very good idea. Give up just one cigarette, the next one.
- Easier said than done is reducing stress. Stress busters come in many forms to ruin our health.
- Recommended by experts is to think positive thoughts. Count to ten, relax and think about your health before losing your temper or getting aggravated.
- Avoid difficult people for better health when possible since they will certainly show you red spots sooner or later.
- Spend 30 minutes a day doing something you like, acquire health and relax. Walk in a park; read a good book; visit a friend; play with your dog; watch a funny movie.
- Get a massage. Soak in a hot tub. A facial or a haircut to indulge yourself. Listen to soothing music and relax.
Meditate. Shut out the world and relax.
- At least try avoiding smoke-filled rooms, high traffic areas, breathing in highway fumes doesn’t let you relax.
There’s a definitive connection between living well and living healthy and having a cheerful outlook on life. You can’t be unhappy when you’re smiling, relaxed and thinking happy thoughts.