Acne is perhaps one of the most common skin problems that everyone suffers from, at some point or the other in their lives. The number of ointments, creams, lotions, and other skincare products available for the treatment of acne is countless, but sometimes, nothing seems to work and those pesky pimples refuse to budge or disappear.
So, instead of spending time and money on the items that may or may not work for you, let’s take a look at some of the time-tested, all-natural home remedies for acne that are sure to give you the desired results of healthy, clear, and glowing skin. In this post, we list out 10 Home Remedies For Acne That Work Fast.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment: Apple cider vinegar is the new hero on the beauty scene, and that too for a good reason. It is used for a vast variety of health and beauty purposes but, it is proven to be remarkably effective for treating acne. All you need is a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and an equal amount of water. Mix the two liquids together and apply them to the affected area. Let it sit over the zits for about 5-10 minutes before washing it off with plain water.
2. Tea Tree Oil Treatment: Tea tree oil has been touted as a surefire remedy for acne for a long time now. The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil make it an effective treatment for acne. It helps to reduce excess sebum on the skin, removes the layers of dead skin cells that trap dirt and oil, and unclogs the pores as well.
3. Fuller’s Earth and Yogurt Face Mask: Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti has been an age-old home remedy for oily or acne-prone skin. Its deep cleansing and detoxifying properties make it the ideal treatment for acne-prone skin. Yogurt, on the other hand, has cooling and healing properties, and it makes for a great face mask base for those with oily skin. Mix in a little bit of yogurt with fuller’s earth and apply as a face mask as an effective acne treatment.
4. Baking Soda, Oatmeal, and Honey Face Mask: Baking soda is known for its excellent skin care benefits, especially when it comes to acne. It helps to dry out the zits and detoxifies and unclogs the pores. Oatmeal exfoliates and soothes the skin. Honey, with its antibacterial and deeply moisturizing properties, is an ideal addition to a DIY face mask with baking soda and oatmeal.
5. Ice Cube Treatment: Don’t have the time to whip up and apply a face mask? Take an ice cube and gently hold it against the affected area or zit for a couple of minutes. It will immediately reduce the inflammation and redness and, you will notice that your pimple has subsided significantly.
6. Lemon Juice and Rose Water Mask: A simple mixture of lemon juice with rose water is ideal for treating acne. Lemon juice has skin-clarifying and deep-cleansing properties. It has a generous dose of Vitamin C that helps to rejuvenate and brighten the skin. Rosewater soothes, nourishes, and reduces the inflammation caused by acne. The two ingredients make a wonderful combination and treat acne well.
7. Aspirin Mask: Dissolve enough aspirin tablets (around 3-4) with just enough water to form a paste and apply it to your skin. If you find the mask too dry, add a teaspoon of organic honey. If you are in need of more moisture, you could add oils such as a drop or two of olive oil too. What works here is the salicylic acid. That’s the reason, this mask helps with acne. Also, it helps with redness and helps in the removal of blackheads. And you cannot miss the immediate glow it gives. Try it, might become you’re on the go mask!
8. Green Tea and Clay Mask: Fuller’s Earth is best for oily skin as it helps you get rid of a lot of skin problems like pimples, tan, blemishes, etc. Fuller’s earth is a natural absorbent of oil and hence can be used to treat oily skin. When you mix green tea with clay, you get added antioxidant benefits as well.
9. Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack For Acne Scars: This is a proven mask to clear pimples and fade acne scars. Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties which help fight pimples and acne. Milk is known to be a skin moisturizer and softener. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask. It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. Saffron brightens up skin tone.
10. Multani Mitti and Tea Tree Face Pack: This face pack has all acne-clearing natural ingredients that work really fast to clear acne.