Smart dressing is very important if only because what clothes we wear and how we actually wear them tells a lot about the kind of people we are. They say that clothes make the man, or woman, as in our case, and it is indeed true.
We do not have to be fashion leader or runway models to be able to look the part of the smart dresser. Most of the time, all it takes is to be neat, clean and presentable, and to be presentable, you have to use a bit of common sense and to avoid these everyday fashion pitfalls. You may find some of them funny, but woe to you if you are found guilty of such errors. Read on, learn and enjoy.
The everyday fashion pitfalls that you should avoid include:
– Wearing outfits that are see-through: We always hear that less is more, and that adage is definitely applicable here. The less skin seen on you is oftentimes a lot better than baring it all. A touch of modesty does not hurt. Besides, wearing see-through clothes make you look on the slutty side, so it is best to shy away from them altogether.
– Carrying a belly bulge: Even the slimmest women can be bust by wearing pants or skirts that are too tight at the waist. A waistband that is too tight pushes up the flesh of the abdomen, and it is quite ugly to look at. How can you breathe when your pants or skirt is too tight? Make sure that the waist of your bottom garment fits just right not too tight and not even snug.
– Dragging hemlines for pants: Do the turn-up of your pant legs get caught in your shoes when you are walking? The solution to this problem is to have the legs of your pants sewn in such a way that when you are wearing mules and such footwear, they are long enough not to get caught in.
– Grip in the sleeves: Sweaters have become a necessity in cold. These nice, warm sweaters have really bulky sleeves. If you are going to wear a jacket or a coat over them, make sure that the sleeves of this jacket or coat are wide enough to accommodate those massive sleeves.
– Showing sweat stains: Sweat stains are very unsightly. If your clothes have them on the underarms and they would not come out with washing, consider wearing these clothes for doing heavy chores like yard work instead. If you have a problem with your sweating, use a deodorant and consult a doctor.