- 1 cup Suji /semolina
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp besan / gram flour
- 2-3 green cardomoms
- 1 tbsp kewra
- Yellow colour
- Raisins (kishmish) / currants
- ½ tsp Spice
- Make a syrup of sugar and water and add in the colour and kewra too .
- Now heat the ghee in a pot and add the cardomoms in it . The flame should be medium , now add suji and keep on stirring till the colour changes .
- Now add besan and stirr and mix .
- By now the syrup must be ready , remember the syrup should not be too thick .
- Add the syrup to the suji on very slow flame and immediately mix . If it seems difficult to stirr after adding syrup add some water and mix .
- Add kishmish and cover the lid .
- Take off from heat after 5 minutes .
- Serve with puris .
This warm and sweet Halwa is not only delicious but amazingly healthy in winter!