- 1 large (3 to 4 pounds) mutton shoulder, blade bone removed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely-chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint (or parsley), or 1 teaspoon dried
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a roasting pan with nonstick foil.
- Rub exterior of mutton shoulder with vegetable oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs, garlic, onion, mint, lemon zest, and egg until combined. Place stuffing in the mutton cavity, roll to cover, and tie with string or secure with a metal skewer.
- Roast for 3 hours, basting with pan juices or additional vegetable oil to prevent roast from drying out.
- Remove to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and let mutton shoulder rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing to serve.
Keywords: Mutton, Pakistani food recipe, Pakistani mutton food recipe
Mutton shoulder is stuffed with a mint lemon stuffing and is then slow-roasted. Do try to use fresh mint for the brightest flavor or else the flavor maybe compromised.