- 1 1/2 lbs. of Mutton (Lamb or Goat)
- 3 medium Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 oz. of Almonds (Baadaam)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (Lasan)
- 1 oz. of Coriander Seeds (Dhania)
- 1 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. of Garam Masala (whole mixture)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Saffron (Zafran)
- 3/4 cups of Plain Yogurt
- 3/4 cup of Cream
- 1/2 cup of Cooking Oil
- Wash the mutton well, dry and set aside.
- Blend the coriander seeds, 1 onion, almonds and garlic together. Marinade the mutton in this mixture for about 2 hours.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining onions and set aside. Add the mutton to the oil and fry until the liquid dries up.
- Add 3/4 cups of hot water and simmer until the meat is almost done or (3/4 cooked) OR pressure cook at 15 psi for 20 minutes. Reduce the pressure. Add salt and pepper. Uncover and dry the liquid.
- Add the beaten yogurt and fry until the oil separates. Add the fried grounded onion. Beat the cream for about 5 minutes or until it is to a thick consistency.
- Add the soaked or ground saffron. Mix it with the cooked mutton. Add the garam masala and bake at 250 degrees F for 1/2 hour. Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Try this Pakistani delicious Shahi Mutton Qorma recipe.