- 300g self-rising flour
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60g melted butter
- Extra Melted butter to grease and cook
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, sugar and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Now add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisk constantly until a smooth batter is formed.
- Now add melted butter gradually in the batter and keep stirring.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Grease with the extra melted butter
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the heated pan and quickly move the pan in round direction to form a 15cm-diameter pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of pancake and it starts getting golden underneath.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes until golden.
- Make about 10 pancakes repeating same process
- Place all pancakes on serving plates.
- Pour maple syrup and butter on the top of the pancakes.
Pancakes contain high nutritional value and are a fluffy and light dessert to be served in Sehri. Make this yummy dessert at home within seconds.