Milk 2 points
Peas 1 lb
Onions 2 large
Lemon 1 large
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chili powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Ginger 1 piece
Salt to tase
- Boil up the milk twice on high flame and squeeze the juice of the lemon into it.
- the whey will separate from the curd.
- Separate the cure and the tie it in a muslin cloth.
- Hang up all day to allow the water to drain.
- When dry, place the muslin with curd under a heavy weight to ensure that all the moisture is squeezed out.
- This will flatten the curd into flat round cake when removed from the muslin.
- Cut the cheese into strips or cubes and deep fry in hot ghee.
- Remove and keep aside. In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp ghee and add chopped onions and ginger.
- Add the spices, salt and peas and cook, adding a little water, till the peas are tender and little gravy remains.
- Add the fried cheese and boil 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with chappatis.
Mutter Paneer is a delicious curry of peas and home-made cheese cubes (paneer). it's a Punjabi dish and is extremely tasty when served with roti. And it's so easy to make.