- 225g light sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180_C/fan160_C/gas 4. Pop 12 cupcake paper cases into a muffin tray.
- Put the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter into a large heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium for 1 minute, stir, then microwave on medium for 1 more minute or until the butter melts. Stir well, than beat in the eggs. (Or put the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter into a saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted.)
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture and stir until smooth. Dollop a generous tablespoonful of cake mixture into each of the paper cases. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and springy, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Draw a heart, a little smaller than the top of the cakes, on some stiff card. Arrange the heart on top of each cake, one by one, and dredge with icing sugar. Carefully lift off the card to reveal the chocolate hearts.
Enjoy your little heart cupcakes oven hot and soft with tea!
Little cupcakes made with chocolate delight will satisfy your taste buds with their sweet chocolaty flavors and soft and chewy bites that will dissolve into your mouth with a yummy sensation!