A vegetarian diet
is that which is devoid of all animal products comprising of meat, fish, fowl, eggs and all dairy products. Not all vegetarian diets are created with proper balance keeping in mind the food pyramid. With the elimination of animal products from the diet it still does not give the guarantee of a health promoting diet. Vegetarian diet
sometimes include large quantities of richly processed foods encompassing large amounts of oil, sugar, flour and also salt. If the vegetarians believe that leaving animal products alone will give them leverage from the devastating after effects of the dietary pleasure trap, they might be truly disappointed. It is said that some vegans have headaches? A vegetarian diet may be taken for many reasons: health, social or environmental, but it has its cons too. Some vegetarians may have to take vitamin B-12, vitamin D, calcium, zinc, and occasionally riboflavin as they become deficient in that.
A well-balanced vegetarian diet can give you many health benefits, like a reduced risk of chronic diseases, such as the following:
• Coronary artery disease
• High blood pressure
• Some of different types of cancer.
The principal behind any healthy diet is to select from a wide range of foods, and to acquire enough calories to meet the energy needs for better health. It is also important for a vegetarian diet to pay attention to these five categories especially.
• Vitamin D
• Vitamin B-12
The ADA suggests the subsequent health tips for vegetarians:
• Selecting whole-grain products such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, or whole-grain cereals rather than refined or white grains.
• Eating a wide range of foods.
• If you eat only dairy products, select non-fat or low-fat varieties.
• Use eggs regularly.
• Limiting the intake of sweets and rich fat foods.
• Take a regular rich source of vitamin B-12.
• Mostly vegetarian foods can be taken from any grocery store. Specialty food stores might carry some of the more rarely found items, along with many vegetarian convenience foods.
A vegetarian diet that is well-planned can meet nutritional requirements needed throughout all the stages of life. Those diets that are more restrictive vegetarian diets, like vegan and raw food diets are more likely to be hazardous for health. For health it is essential to follow the tips given for vegetarians.
Vegetarians should plan their diet according to the proper guidelines for vegetarians. The choice that vegetarians make in their food is important to maintain their health.