- 1 whole skinned chicken : 1.5kg
- salt: 5 tablespoon
- black pepper: 2 teaspoon
- lemon juice: 5 table spoon
- chat masala: 3 table spoon
- cotton thread: a small piece
- coal: 2-3 pcs (medium)
- Wash the chicken, take a pan, filled with water, add salt and dip the chicken in this salted water for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Rinse the salt after 3 hours & then marinate it with lemon juice, black pepper and chat masala and keep it for 2 hours.
- Tie the two legs with thread. Put the chicken in a pan & cover it completely with aluminum foil.
Pre heat the oven at temp 250 centigrade and bake it for about 1hour until the meat is tender.
- Remove the foil after one hour and bake the chicken again at temp 350 for 15-20 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Heat the coal on burner until they are red.
- Take a covered degchi, put coal in the bottom of it, put chicken in it & cover the lid for 2-3 minutes so that the chicken smells smoky.
- Remove the chicken.Now the chicken sajji is ready to eat with salad n raita.
This winter try this delicious dish Chicken Sajji.