- 1 Cow or 4 goat brain
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric (Haldi) powder
- ¾ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Medium sized onion sliced
- 3 Tablespoon oil
- ½ Teaspoon chili (Lal Mirch) powder
- ½ Teaspoon garlic (Lehsan) paste
- ½ Teaspoon ginger (Adrak) paste
- 2 Tablespoon yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 Tablespoon Chopped fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and slices of ginger (Adrak) for garnish
- First boil the Brain with ½ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of Turmeric (Haldi) till it becomes firm. Drain, clean, de-vein and cut into coarse pieces.
- In a pot take the oil and sauté the onion till light brown.
Add the remaining ¼ tsp. salt, chili powder, Turmeric (Haldi), Ginger (Adrak) paste, Garlic (Lehsan) paste and yogurt and mix well.
- Add the Brain pieces, cover and cook on medium heat till it are cooked and the oil rises above the spices. Sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Garnish with fresh chopped Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves and Ginger (Adrak).
Serve with Hot Naan
Serving: 2-3 Persons
A lot of people like Brain Masala and they go out to breakfast places to have it but it is very easy to make it at home and very hygienic as well.