1. Knowing event management is it sheer inborn talent or is it attributable to some ‘gurus’.
Its inborn talent. I always had it in me to arrange things and looking at details coz at day end it’s like putting a dream together but if you don’t have nerves of steel then this field is not for you.
2. Tell us about Savvy PR, the name, services you offer and future plans for the company?
I formed SAVVY pr in Oct 2006 and it has been a roller coaster ride since then as a lot of hard work has gone into it. We do parties, launches, fashion shows, weddings, corporate stuff & dinners. We have expanded into dubai and we want to focus on international arenas as its more fun and challenging.
3. You are involved with international events as well, how do you manage that?
We outsource out staff there and work. We are the only team who have managed events internationally in Pakistan as others go just as troupe leaders whereas we are involved in logistics media and ticket selling etc.
4. What do you consider the bright spot of your career till now?
Achieving a lot in these 4 years if I may say so. We have achieved our yearly goals and have done work in London, Dubai, Lahore, Karachi & Faisalabad.
5. What is your biggest fear; from competitors, of course?
6. Have you managed the events all by yourself or is a team in place.
I look after all, all the aspects personally but I do have a team of people in Pakistan and abroad Mashallah.
7. The events that you organize do cost a lot of money and do you think enough value is added to such events by your being there?
Yes, we take away all the hassles of a client and we personally look after everything from minute to major aspects. So yes there is definitely a value addition.
8. What are your plans for the next five years?
We want to focus on other international arenas such as Qatar, USA, Bahrain, Singapore & Australia. In fact as we speak we already have opened our office in Washington DC. So the world is our oyster.
I formed SAVVY PR in Oct 2006 and it has been a roller coaster ride since then as a lot of hard work has gone into it. We do parties, launches, fashion shows, weddings, corporate stuff & dinners.