There are some expensive treatments at salons that promise to speed up the rate of hair growth, but often come loaded with chemicals and harmful side-effects.
So, the best way out is to stick to natural remedies in order to grow thick and long hair. Today, we shall tell you about one such wonder remedy from Mother Nature that helps to grow long hair. It’s flax seeds. Haven’t heard of its benefits about hair growth? Then, you are in the right place. Flax seeds hair packs work amazingly well if you dream to get thick, long and voluminous hair.
1. Supplies Vitamin E to Hair:
Flaxseeds are a rich source of Vitamin E which is a vital vitamin for maintaining healthier hair. This vitamin helps to enhance the quality of your hair by reducing damage caused by free radicals. It also promotes blood circulation in the scalp which is needed for faster hair growth.
2. Flax Seeds Contain Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
We can’t deny the usefulness of omega-3 fatty acids in enhancing hair health and flax seeds are a great supplier of this great hair nutrient. This helps to keep your hair nourished. It also maintains the hair hydration and prevents drying of hair strands at the ends. If you have itchy scalp and dandruff problem, then you can also benefit by using flax seeds.
3. Reduce Hair Breakage:
Almost each and every girl complain of hair breakage. Luckily, flax seeds control that as well by improving the elasticity of the hair strands. Whether you use it externally or consume flax seeds with your meals, it does help to reduce hair brittleness significantly.
4. Improves Hair and Scalp Health:
Flax seeds work both on your hair and on the scalp. As this houses, a number of vital nutrients like B vitamins, magnesium, manganese, selenium, and copper that promote hair health, your hair quality is bound to improve by using this in your hair routine. Along with this, it also helps you to grow longer hair which is strong and looks healthy.
How to Use Flax Seeds for Longer Hair?
This was the main question of today’s discussion and in this section, we will tell you about the different ways of using flax seeds on your hair.
1. Flaxseed and Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
• To use this mask, you have to take 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of flax seeds in a heating pan. Light up the stove on medium flame and start boiling the flax seeds by stirring it at regular intervals. You need to do this till you see a white froth on the surface. Then, pour it into a strainer and collect the liquid in a bowl. Let it cool down for a while. Take about ¼th of the liquid and store the rest in a fridge. • Next, you would need to heat some coconut oil in a pan and add it to the flax seeds liquid. This would thicken the consistency of the pack. Mix it well. You can also mix lavender essential oil to this solution. Stir them well. • Use this solution on the hair. Part your hair into sections and apply this evenly. Keep massaging the scalp gently for proper penetration of nutrients. Keep this on your hair for about 2-3 hours. You might also put a shower cap during this time. • Later, you can remove this hair pack by cleansing your hair with a mild shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Remove all the residue well during shampooing. Towel dry your hair and see the amazing results.
2. Flax Seed and Lemon Juice Hair Gel:
Another way to use flax seeds for hair growth is to prepare hair gel out of it. • Take some flax seeds in a pan and add water to it. Bring it to boil on medium flame. Stir it occasionally and do it until you see a white liquid on the surface. • Now add a tablespoon of lemon juice and stir the liquid. Keep stirring it and wait until the texture thickens like that of a gel. Turn off the flame and keep it aside for cooling. • Strain the liquid and collect the clear gel in a container for future use. • You can use this flaxseed gel every day. You can either use this directly on the scalp for better hair growth or you can use it for hair setting and styling.