Eid al-Adha a Feast of the Sacrifice , is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to honor the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to God. This Islamic festival also known as Eid ul-Zuha which is celebrated by Muslims of Pakistan. Previously this ritual event was celebrated with great simplicity but now the simplicity blended with modernity by leaps and bounds in the fashion industry. Islam prescribes elegancy, modesty and sophistication in clothing. Contrary to what people believe, there is no restriction of choice in style, shades, design, fabric and finest clothing.
• Eid ul Adha is the time for all men and women to dress up in their finest clothes . Women certainly have a broad choice of clothing available. There was a time when women prefer to purchase fully overworked attires with heavy ornate works on clothes. A remarkable shift has observed in the fashion styles in this spring fall. "Women prefer comfortable clothes with less work, keeping the humid weather in mind.
• Printed cotton dress materials with embroidery and hint of sparkle are most in demand. Other than that subtle embroidery on various fabric like linen, shamos and chiffons are in fashion, kurti’s with chordi daar, gowns, extra long shirts with small cuts, different combos of vibrant colors and color blocking with sophistication and style are in high demand.
• With Eid just a few days away, prominent markets of the city are witnessing heavy rush of men and women purchasing clothes for the occasion. While a number of designers and shops at Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad come up with the new stock of Eid ul Adha winter collection segmenting the particular section of customers unique needs.
• Silk and chiffons are wearable fabric in all the seasons. "Cotton-silk dress material, ranging from Rs1, 000 to Rs 7,000, is the priority of an average customer, depending upon if it belongs to local market or designer silk. While different markets of the city are selling all kinds of dresses. Most of the dress materials are purchased from liberty ,Auriga, Anarkai bazaar , Ichra market, Gumti bazaar ( rang mahal ) etc
• This year, shopkeepers are witnessing a remarkable shift from readymade garments to dress materials paving way for the tailors to earn some money during this festive season. "Customers are buying sober dress materials and then putting in additional effort of designing from a tailor or boutique of the city.
• Additional attributes like matching metal beads, laces, brooches, and colorful buttons are purchased to prepare stylish salwar kameez, gowns and trousers/ stretchable tights. It’s a time for the tailor to earn money as the trend from readymade garments swiftly shifted to customer own designer ideas.
• Men have considerably limited choice in clothing options. Depending upon the culture, sherwani, casual kurta/shalwar , jeans , dress pants are some of the dominant choices of men for this Eid ul Adha. Formal shirts with checks and stripe, plain shirts and trousers certainly demanding choices in men’s fashion through tut the seasons.
• Many well renowned designers came up with the Eid ul Adha “Eid collections 2012 ” namely Sana Safinaaz , Mehdi ,Nishat , Origin , Zahra Ahmed Generation ,Uroos , Threads & Motifz,Silkasia, Mansha ,Warda,Al karam,Bareeze Eid collection for men ,women and kids, Satrangi ( for men and kids ) ,Daaman etc . All of these designers came up with exceptional designs and color contrasts this season to thrive the Pakistani buyers this Eid.
This Islamic festival Eid-ul-Azha is celebrated by Muslims of Pakistan with great zeal and zest. Previously, this event was celebrated with great simplicity but now the simplicity is blended with modernity of fashion clothing.