Please raise your hands if your hair feels frizzy and super dry even in summers. Winter and rainy seasons are notorious for sapping out all moisture from hair and making them look kinky and straw-like. However, during summer, if the strands are particularly damaged, hair seeks moisture from the air, which causes it to swell up and turn frizzy.
Also, the excessive use of heat tools like straighteners, blow dryers, use of alcohol-based styling products, and harsh shampoos can make the situation worse. But fret not, convert lackluster and dry hair to smooth mane with these 7 super effective remedies.
1. Almond Oil and Honey Pack: While almond oil is a natural hair emollient and conditioner, honey repairs the hair shaft from within and provides it loads of moisture and hydration. However, beware that honey is known to lighten the hue of hair, so in case, your hair is on the darker spectrum and you want to keep it that way, you might want to stay away from using honey on your scalp. To make this mask, mix equal quantities of both honey and almond oil, apply on hair evenly, keep for one hour, and rinse off with normal water.
2. Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Mask: Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the hair structure, repairing and conditioning them from deep within. Vitamin E is loaded with antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent damage to your tresses by providing them with a ton of nutrition. Take a few tbsp of coconut oil into a bowl and squeeze two or three vitamin E capsules, mix well, and apply all over the hair. You can keep this mask overnight or rinse it away after keeping it for one hour.
3. Mayonnaise Treatment: Mayonnaise might be a very tasty addition to your sandwiches and burgers but, along with it, it is known to work wonders for your hair as well. To repair your hair with good old mayo, all you need to do is coat your hair evenly with some mayo and then pull them up in a bun and wrap your bun in a hot damp towel for about 20 minutes before washing off your hair. But make sure you pick a full-fat mayonnaise version to reap maximum benefits.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse: ACV has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which help in treating scalp issues and fighting dandruff. But do you know, it also works like a charm when it comes to tackling frizzy hair and it treats them by closing the cuticles of your hair so that you enjoy a smooth and frizz-free mane. Use ACV in a diluted form, by adding 1 tbsp of ACV in 4 tbsp of water, and 1 tbsp of honey. Mix well, transfer the content to a spray bottle, and apply all over the hair. Keep it for 40 minutes and rinse off with normal water.
5. Aloe Vera Gel and Olive Oil Combo: Olive oil can work wonders for all hair types, particularly frizzy hair, without weighing it down. Aloe vera gel forms a protective layer of moisture on your hair shaft and restores your hair’s former elasticity. To make this mask, take equal parts of olive oil and aloe vera gel, mix well, massage on the scalp and hair, leave for 40 minutes and rinse with cold water and shampoo.
6. Banana, Milk, Honey Hair Mask: This mask makes hair soft, smooth, and fights frizz, all while making hair strong and healthy.
7. Dry your Hair with a T-Shirt To Avoid Frizz: Here’s the smartest hack for your hair – use your soft T-shirt to dry hair instead of bath towels to avoid frizz. The smooth texture of the t-shirt cloth absorbs excess water and does not cause friction and disturb the texture of hair. You can also use a microfiber towel and it works the same way.
Most importantly, switch your shampoo and conditioner to ones that promise to hydrate and add moisture to the hair. Also, avoid excessive heat styling, use a heat protectant and hair serum when styling, and use cold water to rinse hair.