Continuous exposure to sun and pollution takes a heavy toll on our skin and some of the major effects that one can visibly see are hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and dark spots.
Added to the misery are other factors like hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits which compound the issue of hyperpigmentation. Women follow makeup hacks to conceal dark spots and hyperpigmentation, but who wouldn’t want to get rid of them completely instead of hiding these flaws.
All of us love clear, glowing skin, right? Today, we will address this particular skin concern and will give you an insight of 5 amazing ingredients that can help you tackle hyperpigmentation problems. And the best part is all these ingredients are natural and do not cause any harm to the skin in the long run.For more beauty related tips, visit Divabikini
So, let’s take a look at 5 of secret ingredients to curb hyperpigmentation.
1. Potato: Potato is such a simple vegetable that’s easily available in everyone’s kitchen and works really well on dark spots and hyperpigmentation. This vegetable contains an enzyme called catecholase that inhibits melanin production which is a pigment responsible for this skin concern. Over a period of time, regular use of potatoes help to lighten dark spots and prevent blemishes and pigmentation from forming on the skin. Raw potatoes are eminently effective in lightening dark spots and reducing pigmentation on the skin.
How To Use Potato to Treat Hyperpigmentation:
- Peel a potato and cut it into slices after washing.
- Now rub slices from the potato on hyperpigmentation.
- Do this for about 5 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process thrice a week.
2. Milk: Most of us love drinking milk; it has so many health benefits. Milk also has numerous skin care benefits, one of which is treating dark spots and pigmentation. This is because milk is rich in lactic acid which helps to brighten and lighten dark spots.
How To Use Milk to Treat Hyperpigmentation:
- All you need is raw milk and some cotton balls.
- Dip each cotton ball in the milk and apply on hyperpigmented areas.
- Rinse off with water after 20 minutes. Do this every day to get noticeable results.
3. Tomato: Tomato is a secret ingredient that can cure your hyperpigmentation really effectively. How does it do it? Tomato contains lycopene that helps to minimize the damage caused by sun exposure which is responsible for your dark spots and pigmentation.
How To Use Tomato to Treat Hyperpigmentation:
- To use tomato for pigmentation concerns, slice the tomato and rub it on affected areas.
- Keep doing this for 10 minutes.
- Now wash off with water and pat dry
- Do this every day to get blemish-free skin.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has numerous beauty benefits but did you know it also helps you in refining your skin tone by treating pigmentation and dark spots? Yes, you are right! ACV’s natural toning action helps to even out skin tone and reduces dark spots caused by sun exposure and other factors. Its beta-carotene rich content also makes your skin radiant and brighter with regular use.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Hyperpigmentation:
- Since ACV is acidic, you have to dilute it with normal water before any usage.
- Apply the diluted ACV solution on the blemishes with a cotton pad just like you are using a toner.
- Keep it for some time and then rinse it off.
- Do this thrice a week.
5. Sandalwood: Pure Sandalwood powder, even though is quite expensive, is one of nature’s best gifts if you have hyperpigmentation and blemishes. This wonder ingredient purifies blood from within and cures unevenness of skin tone and blemishes. Incorporating sandalwood pack in your skin care routine ensures quick and effective resolution of blemishes and marks.
How To Use Sandalwood To Treat Hyperpigmentation:
- Take pure sandalwood powder and add some rose water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture on to hyperpigmented areas.
- Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse off the pack with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process twice a week for best results..